We started out with a few slices of Pizza...
And some silliness.
But it was time to get to work! I acted as taskmaster that night. I needed to whip us into planning mode!
In that 4 hours, we did a lot of reading.
So much that our eyes were staring to go cross eyed!
We're driving from San Francisco to Indiana and back. It's a long way, so we have a lot to plan for.
By the 4th hour, we were all getting a little tired so we decided to stop for the night.
I think we got a lot of planning done, but we still have most of the trip home to finish.
So far we have planned:
- 3 week trip (total)
- 3 days to get to Chicago
- 3 days in Chicago (picked museums and other attractions to see)
This took the most time since there's SO much to do in Chicago!
- 3 days for the Midwest Geobash
- 2 weeks+ to get home
- Talked about the route home and possibilities for places to see (spend most of the time in NM and AZ)
Roswell, Mesa Verde, 4 Corners, Albuquerque and Flagstaff and their surrounding areas, Grand Canyon
- Talked about things we would need to bring
- Figured out our total budget and personal budgets
Numbers! (Approx. of course):
295 gallons of gas
$1000 of gas (nearly)
If anyone has traveled through NM or AZ and knows of cool places to see and visit. Please let us know!
xposted to sclcaching and geocaching